Friday, December 28, 2012
Mr Russell Longacre over at DumpDC has a great post on americans and their fixation on the american government, in spite of the fact the americans are treated like servants and cannon fodder by that very same government. The entire article is linked here. Key phrase...
"It can be said without refutation that the greatest majority of Americans are government addicts. Over 40% of the population is now receiving government food stamp subsidies. In some states, more than 50% of the citizens receive some government benefit. Americans obediently trot down the polling places by the tens of millions to vote in elections, the outcomes of which have already been decided. Americans reject the Constitution in everyday practice, give it lip service, they revere the flag, worship the military, and simper when their children are killed or maimed in military action. The churches en masse actively promote the State through their adoption of corporate status and tax exemption (subsidy), as well as how the pastoral leadership assures the congregations that government service is honorable. The only Pastor I know that actively preaches an anti-State message is Rev. Chuck Baldwin in Montana."
Ever sat in church while the pastor extols the heroism and bravery of the men and women fighting for freedom in the sand box. Bull ****, they are fighting as paid mercenaries for Islamic governments in a proxy war we have no real economic, social, or even moral stake or interest in. Yes, they commit their lives to a cause, and that is a huge commitment. But they are not protecting our freedom. And meanwhile the government engages in domestic surveillance, claims the power to arrest and persecute citizens outside any Constitutional protection. Will confiscate your property, even destroy your family at will. And americans submit as children or as servants.
Go and read his entire text. Consider the other key concept he brings to the table, secession in 12 steps, as follows:
1. We admitted we were powerless over Washington, and their actions had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves…SECESSION… could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to NO ONE, and to begin thinking for ourselves and acting on our own best interests.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of the wrongs of Washington and our complicity in those acts.
6. Were entirely ready to alter our thoughts about liberty and our actions that were based in wrong thoughts and beliefs about democracy and the Constitutional Republic that resulted in our defects of character.
7. Humbly worked every day to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed through our government addiction and complicity with DC, and became willing to spread the good word of Secession to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would make us unwitting victims of government once again.
10. Continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve the quality of our consciousness and our contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge, wisdom and understanding and the power to carry that out in a new nation borne of secession.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to as many government addicts as would listen, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
It is long past time we reassert our personal and local sovereignty.